Semrush is a leading online visibility management software-as-a-service platform. With over 50 products, tools and add-ons across online visibility management, including tools for search, content, social media and market research, data for more than 140 countries, seamless integration with Google and task management platforms, Semrush is a critical solution for all companies who are serious about online presence.
|Extensive keyword analysis and research||Advertising research and management|
|On-page and technical SEO||Ads builder|
|Link building and rank tracking||Social media content optimization|
|Competitive research and analysis||Social media management|
|Extensive website analytics||Content ideas and topic research|
|SEO-friendly writing assistant||Market research and trends analysis|
|In-depth site audit for SEO||Content audit and analytics|
|Exclusive toolkit for agencies||On-demand content marketplace|
Why You Need Semrush?
- Accurate Search Volume Data: Semrush updates their data regularly, so the numbers you see on their platform are up-to-date and accurate.
- Huge Keyword Database for Google: Semrush’s keyword database is ENORMOUS. Their Keyword Magic Tool has over 20 BILLION keywords! That makes it the biggest keyword database out there.
- Accurate Position Tracking: Semrush enables you to get data updates daily as well as the latest mobile rankings. Plus, you can buy more keywords without additional add-ons or payments. Even with a low-tier plan, you can also get access to volume data on a local level.
- Custom SEO Reports: You can create your own reports for your team, boss, or clients with Semrush. It enables you to create PDF reports, which include White Label reports as well as Branded reports. Plus, it also has options for report scheduling as well as integration with Google Analytics, Google My Business, and Google Search Console.
- Toxic Link Monitoring: You can get a detailed analysis of toxic backlinks that you have. Based on that, they assign a toxic score for each backlink.
- Multiple Tools For Content Marketing: Semrush comes with content marketing tools like Brand Monitoring, SEO Writing Assistant, SEO Content Template, Post Tracking, Content Audit, and more.
- You run a small or mid-sized business with a decent budget.
- You run an online store.
- You manage a large brand that’s rapidly scaling.
- You’re looking for the best competitor analysis tools on the market.
- You want top-notch SEO and marketing features all packed into an easy-to-understand suite.
- You need a tool for finding keyword suggestions and improving your content marketing.
- You’d like the bonus of receiving some social media analysis features as well.
- You’re stretched for cash and could find some cheaper or free ways to get similar results.
- You’d rather stick to a more simplified method for keyword suggestions and tracking.
- You don’t find the interface appealing. This is a personal preference, but you can easily test the SEMrush free trial and then compare it with a similar solution like Ahrefs.
When deciding whether or not to pay for SEMrush you may initially scoff at the idea of paying a minimum of $100 per month for an SEO tool. However, SEMrush has features you can’t find anywhere else, and each of the features is specifically designed to bring you a return on your investment.
It really depends on where your business is currently at. Are you in the early stages with a tight budget? Well, maybe SEMrush isn’t for you right now. But rapidly growing brands with some cashflow should have no problem justifying this purchase.
Here’s what to expect from the pricing plans:
Semrush offers three monthly pricing plans:
- Pro – $119.95/month (Ideal for beginners and bloggers)
- Guru – $229.95/month (Ideal for small business owners and solopreneurs)
- Business – $449.95/month (Ideal for marketing agencies and marketing teams in big companies)
All three are recurring subscriptions.
If you’re managing 1-3 sites, I’d recommend you sign up for the Semrush Pro plan. If you run an agency and deal with multiple clients and projects, then perhaps the Guru plan might be the right fit for your requirements.
Semrush vs Moz: Is Semrush Better?
Semrush and Moz are often pitted against each other because they offer similar features. But that’s where the similarities end.
Over the last few years, Semrush has been at the forefront of innovation in the online marketing space. They have introduced several new features and improved on existing features to provide more accurate and comprehensive insights to their users.
Moz, on the other hand, looks and feels like a tool that’s stuck in the past. Its UI is old, cluttered, and the SEO reports leave a lot to be desired. The free tools provided by Moz are still useful, but I don’t think the tool is worth shelling out $100 a month.
Once you start using Semrush, it’s easy to see why it’s trusted by so many industry experts and influencers. The team behind Semrush constantly introduces new and exciting ways to do keyword research and competition analysis, making it one of the most premium tools in the SEO software industry.
The only gripe I have with the tool would be its backlink analysis feature. It’s been a chink in Semrush’s armor for a while now. It’s a minor gripe, and it’s an issue that Semrush seems to have addressed in the 2021 brand revamp.