About The knot
The knot makes planning for your big day more enjoyable and less stressful by offering website hosting, classy invite design, and smart planning tools (even a wedding day countdown!), all for free.
The thoughtful planning service has been celebrated in some of the hottest publications such as InStyle, Vogue, The USA Times, The Huffington Post, Bustle, Mashable, Brides, and many others. The knot has a peppy following of 100k on Instagram and 50k on Facebook.
This The knot wedding planning review will scope out the brand and how their service works, fill you in on what customers have to say, answer important FAQs, and more to help you decide if you’d like to have their help with your special day.
Overview of The knot
After Michael’s sister expressed frustration at the limits and difficulties of planning a wedding on her own, the trio decided that a personalized wedding website could be the solution to her and thousands of others’ problems.
They then began designing The knot, a personalized wedding website and planning service that can be accessed by anyone around the world.
At first, the brand offered website design from their headquarters in San Francisco, California, but then introduced helpful planning and organizational features. Their service is also available as an easy-to-use and visually exciting app.
Before we jump into what the planning service is all about, this The knot wedding planning review will provide a quick outline of their highlights:
- Offers many different features to help you plan your wedding (invites, guest list, registry, etc.)
- Completely free service
- Users can add multiple admins to help with planning
- Fully customizable website
- Handy app available
- Positive reviews from users
- Attentive customer service team
- Can be accessed worldwide
How Does The knot Work?
The knot is an exciting, smart, free service that helps you plan your wedding. To get started, first you need to create an account using your email or Facebook login. Once you’ve created an account, enter your and your partner’s information, wedding date, and location.
The knot will then create your wedding website where you’ll have access to the service’s other features as well. Use the website as you please, adding or removing any features that you need to organize your big day.
The website that The knot creates for you is free and is a combination of their domain name plus your and your partner’s names.
This The knot wedding planning review notes that if you’d like to purchase your domain, the brand can arrange that through one of their hosting partners.
You may find that organizing your big day can be made easier with more than one person. After all, that’s what a wedding party is for. You can grant additional admins full access to your account, so one can handle the guest list, the other invitations, and so on.
If you’ve decided to do things virtually, check out the The knot virtual wedding feature to organize your live-stream video and send guests a link.
There is no minimum required amount of time you need to use the service, so you are welcome to leave or delete your account at any time. For more information on deleting your website or account, check out the FAQ section at the bottom of this review.
If you need help with The knot at any time, you can email their friendly customer service team who are happy to assist you with using the site. Before you do, check out the thorough Help Center that has tons of articles on how to make changes to your website or navigate its many elements.
In the next section of this The knot wedding planning review, we’ll fill you in on exactly what you can expect to find with the The knot Membership and what kind of features it offers.
The knot Membership Review
Once you become a member, you’ll have access to all of The knot’s helpful planning and organizational features. When signing in for the first time, you’ll be taken to your admin dashboard where you’ll see 3 major categories:
Under each of these categories, you’ll have some exciting choices to make. Let’s take a closer look at what’s possible for your website.
You’ll have the option to,
- Edit Design – Tweak the design of your site until it’s uniquely you. Change the layout, theme, color scheme, and messages
- Add Photos – Upload photos of you and your partner to add a personal touch to your wedding website. You’ll be able to assign a photo to each page
- Edit Pages – Your website has a total of 9 potential pages (welcome, RSVP, story, schedule, travel, Q&A, wedding party, registry, guests, and moments), but you may find you don’t need all of those pages. You can hide or reorder the pages at your discretion
Now that you have your website sorted and looking good, you may need a little help in the planning department.
The knot helps you plan your wedding by managing the following things:
- Guest List – The service walks you through how to set up your The knot guest list, keeping track of important details like where each guest will sit, what meal they’re having, and if they’re bringing a plus 1
- RSVP Questions – This service makes keeping track of who’s coming, who they’re bringing, and what meal they’re having so much easier. It allows you to ask specific questions that you’ll need to know while planning your big day
- Wedding Insurance – So many couples have lost thousands in deposits that they’ll never see again. The knot has partnered with one of the biggest names in wedding insurance to offer you coverage, just in case
- Registry – People want to get you a wedding present. To point them in the right direction, a registry certainly comes in handy. The The knot registry lets you upload an existing one from another store, shop online and add items to a list, or start a cash fund
You know who you’re inviting, but now you need to send the invitations. This The knot wedding planning review loves the brand’s Cards and all their features:
- Save the Dates – These memos give guests a heads up that the wedding is coming. You’ll be sending these at least 8 months ahead of time, providing enough time for people to mark the date and organize other plans around it
The knot offers an online Save the Date tool to help you create and send your memos to your uploaded guest list. They also have paper partners that you can use to send physical save the date cards if you wish.
You can also track the delivery of your cards to see when people have received and opened them.
- The knot Invitations – Invitations are personal and require a high level of attention to detail. Create your The knot wedding invitations online using the service’s preset formats that make it easy to upload your information, photos, and send them off to your guests
Like the Save the Dates, you’ll be able to see who has opened your invitation.
- Change the Date – Another important feature to have because disasters do happen. Don’t worry, you’ll get your fairytale wedding, but for now, you can easily send a message to your guests that your wedding date will be postponed.
All of these features can be accessed directly on The knot .com. If you’re more of an app user, download the The knot app to get started. It’s a simplified version of the web-based service, great for keeping track of things when you’re on the go.
How Much is The knot?
Perhaps the greatest thing about The knot is that it’s completely free. This is surprising for such a professional service with an abundance of features. In the future, The knot may charge for some of its services, but right now you can use it for the low cost of $0.
What is The knot?
The knot is a planning service that lets you create and manage the wedding of your dreams. The online platform acts as an event planner of sorts, keeping all things wedding-related in one place to make the process of planning all the more enjoyable.
You’ll be able to send invitations, manage guest lists, host pre-wedding virtual hangouts, upload photos of your big day, and so much more.
Do You Have to Pay For The knot?
This The knot wedding planning review is happy to report that their service is completely free to use. This means you have access to all of the app’s features, website hosting, and invite design services with absolutely no hidden fees.
The company has noted that in the future they will begin to charge for premium services, so The knot pricing may vary in the coming years. For now, you are free to enjoy.
The knot Reviews: What Do Customers Think?
The knot has helped hundreds of thousands of couples create the wedding of their dreams. While those stats are impressive, you may still be wondering what the service is like to use and if it’s worth your time.
If so, keep reading this The knot wedding planning review to find out what users think about the brand.
A The knot thread on Reddit discussed users’ experience with the service. The majority of reviewers wrote in to say that they’ve loved using it.
People say that they’ve compared it to other wedding-planning websites, and The knot comes out on top in terms of design and professionalism. One Redditor wrote, “it just looks so much better than some of the other options out there.”
As with any app, The knot’s may have technical difficulties at times. But, the The knot app in the Apple App Store has a 4.7/5 star rating awarded by 939 clients.
Happy users say that the app is simple to navigate. One comment reads, “It is very easy to use and organizes everything you need extremely well!” Planning a wedding takes a lot of time and patience, so organization is the key to things going smoothly.
On Facebook, 57 users gave The knot a rating of 4.9/ 5 stars. People seem to be raving about the service. One customer writes about their experience with the app, “It is so intuitive, easy to use, and most importantly stunning! It truly does have everything from not only invites and save the dates but is easily personalized. I recommend the website to all of my clients and is truly remarkable. What a game changer! Thank you team for a great platform.”
The praise continues with another comment right below, “Amazing experience. Made our wedding invitation process seamless. And the best customer support I’ve ever seen. Their engineers responded to me in a day with actual code changes. Amazing!”
Some clients did note that their experiences instantly improved when they headed to the website as opposed to using the app. Still, it appears that at the end, most people leave satisfied with the way their event panned out.
One user writes, “We stubbled across The knot early in our wedding planning process last fall and were delighted about how easy it was to edit the content and make it look and feel like us! Due to COVID we had to size down our wedding day and The knot supported us through that process with updates to our guests and website.”
A The knot wedding planning review on summarizes the service’s strengths. The article notes that the $0 price tag is the brand’s biggest strength.
Overall, The knot appears to be a thorough and reliable service. Because it’s free, customers seem to truly enjoy using it that much more!
Is The knot Worth It?
Usually, free services come with limited features. That’s certainly not the case for The knot, an online experience that helps couples do everything short of picking a wedding cake flavor.
We know The knot is worth the price but is it worth your time? From what we’ve learned, it’s more than worth it for helping save you time, stress, and aggravation.
There have been minor issues with the app that the service is amending, but users can can always hop on the website if any problems arise. All in all, this the knot wedding planning review thinks the brand has a great thing going and we’re excited to see where they go from here.
The knot Promotions & Discounts
Due to the fact that the knot doesn’t cost a cent, there are no other discounts possible. The service itself is a beautiful gift.
Sign Up For The knot
To sign up for the knot, you’ll first need to head to The knot .com:
- Click ‘Get Started’ in the top right-hand corner of the webpage
- Enter you email
- Create a password
- Start planning!
If you want to use the app version of The knot, simply head to the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store and search for The knot. Once you find it, download it and start creating.
How do I cancel my The knot subscription?
There are no monthly fees with The knot. Once you create an account, there is no risk of hidden or unexpected charges. If you wish you delete your The knot wedding website, you can do so by following these steps:
- Head to your wedding website (be sure you are logged in)
- From your admin dashboard, click on ‘Settings’
- Within your settings, you’ll see ‘Delete Site’ in the bottom right-hand corner of the page
- Be warned that there is no coming back after you delete your website, all of the content you created and uploaded will be lost
- If you’re sure you want to delete, click ‘Delete My The knot Wedding’
Here’s a quick guide for deleting your account:
- Head to The knot .com/me and log into your account
- Click on your name
- Under your name, a dropdown menu will appear
- On that list you’ll see ‘Delete Account’ at the bottom, go ahead and click that
- You’ll be reminded that deleting your account will prevent you from accessing the site, and any content you’ve created will be deleted
- If that’s what you want, simply go ahead and click ‘Delete’