BigCommerce is a paid-for, ‘hosted’ e-commerce solution that enables business owners to set up an online shop and sell their products online.
It’s a software as a service (SaaS) product, which means that you don’t own the software, but pay a monthly fee to use it.
The item comes with a range of customizable templates that will assist you design your internet store; you can use it to market either physical or digital products; and there are also some tools supplied to help you market your store.
• Most scalable ecommerce platform
• More built-in attributes than any competitor
• Lets you market across multiple stations like Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest
• Fantastic Search Engine Optimization tools
• Complex terminology is unsuitable for beginners
• Advanced features can undermine ease of use
Differences between the BigCommerce plans
As you would expect, how much performance you get from BigCommerce depends upon how much you’re prepared to cover it.
Each plan offers a distinct set of features, which I will go through now.
That said it is, in general, a far more comprehensive starter plan than any of them, providing:
• a fully functional online store
• the capacity to sell an unlimited number of products
• unlimited bandwidth
• unlimited file storage
• unlimited staff balances
• point of sale (POS) performance
• automatic image optimization.
• AMP (accelerated cellphone pages) functionality
As mentioned above, this represents a lot of e-commerce bang for your dollar — pretty much all the crucial ingredients of an online store are supplied on BigCommerce’s normal program; this is not the case with entry-level strategies from other competing products.
The main criticism you can make concerning the entry level BigCommerce strategy is the cart rescue performance is not included with that.
Next we’ve got the’BigCommerce Plus’ program.
Along with the core functionality as you’ll find on the conventional plan, it supplies
• a’persistent cart’ (this saves products to a client’s cart no matter apparatus used)
• stored credit cards (this enables your regular customers to save their card information in your own shop )
• customer grouping / segmentation
In terms of the previous feature mentioned previously, customer grouping, this enables you to divide customers into different segments, so that you can benefit unique customers based on activity and particular purchases. By way of instance, you may use this functionality to create a loyalty programme.
The next plan up from the mix is’BigCommerce Guru’. With this program, you do not get a massive number of additional performance over BigCommerce Plus — but you do receive a considerably increased sales limit.
This allows up to $400,000 in online revenue, with an extra charge of $150 a month per $200k in earnings.
One extra feature that’s worth drawing attention to with this plan is Google Client Reviews — a programme that lets you collect and show feedback from users who have made an order from the online shop.
Finally, there’s BigCommerce’s”Enterprise” strategy to consider.
Because this plan name suggests, it’s geared towards corporate customers that have very high volumes of earnings, and, consequently, advanced selling demands.
Features that are included on’Enterprise’ although not on the more affordable plans include:
• advanced product filtering
• price lists (this Permits You to create pricing principles based on client groups — so distinct groups of customers see different product prices based on how you have segmented them)
• unlimited API calls (BigCommerce’s API –‘Application Programming Interface’ — enables developers to share information between your shop and other apps, and the Enterprise plan does not put any limits on the number of occasions these’data sharing’ relations could be made. This makes it better suited to businesses that are anticipating a large volume of visitors / API links to their shop )
• BigCommerce consulting / accounts management
• priority support (including API service ).
If you are considering the Enterprise plan you will have to discuss your requirements with BigCommerce to establish pricing — the prices will reflect your business needs, however BigCommerce claims they will come in cheaper than Shopify’s enterprise grade plan (this is called Shopify Plus and generally comes in at about $2000 a month).
BigCommerce Pricing – is it Good Value for Money?
Everybody knows you’ve got to spend money to earn money. But just how far do you have to spend with BigCommerce?
• the Standard program is the cheapest at $29.95 per month
• the most popular is that the $71.95 per month Plus program
• the Pro plan will probably cost you $224.95 a month and provides more scalable features
• the Enterprise plan is the most advanced, and has custom pricing
BigCommerce Help and Support
When you’re earning money through your site, any problems can be costly. Fortunately, BigCommerce has assist options in place to get you sorted fast and easily.
The help and support stations available depend on what price plan you’re on. As regular, BigCommerce provides 24/7 phone and live chat support. No need to stress out at 4am, counting the hours before 9am; simply pick up the phone or open up a live chat to get your problem dealt with through the dawn.
BigCommerce Review: The Verdict
BigCommerce is a top ecommerce builder with a great deal of weight behind it. Impressive data reports, an extensive inventory, and the most built-in attributes of almost any builder make it a force to be reckoned with.
It is ideal for big and fast-growing companies. If you’re not searching for expansion, or are a entire beginner, this builder isn’t for you.
Its powerful features make BigCommerce somewhat like a rocket. Attach it to the right business and it’ll blast you to another tax bracket.
BigCommerce caters to companies of all shapes and sizes, so don’t be put off if your shop isn’t the largest on the park. You will just get the most out of the ecommerce builder if you’re planning on developing your organization.